Welcome to the new SCRCHA website! We hope you enjoy exploring the new layout. Here are a few notes to help as you explore.
- There are several pages of information that can be accessed by clicking on the page names at the top of this and every page.
- Some pages have more than one drop down menu. These are marked with a drop down menu on the top of the screen.
- Text in blue bold font is a link to another page.
- Updated news is listed at the bottom of our home page. Check back often for updates.
- The 2015 schedule, newsletters, and show results can be found on our News and Standings pages.
- Membership application, sponsorship information, rules, and other forms can be found on our Forms page.
- The Photos page will showcase the talents of our club photographer Jeff Lynch and videographer Sandy Miller. We welcome candid photos from our members. Please submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Preserving a California Tradition"
The SCRCHA is an organization of people passionate about their horses and the reined cow horse discipline.
The SCRCHA holds an average of eight events per year, including the Sherri Gilkerson Memorial in May and our annual Saddle Shoot Out in October. All of our events are held at various facilities in the Temecula area. This is a dedicated and friendly organization of people that are very welcoming and open to new participants. Come out and watch a show and talk with our many members. We hope to see you soon!
If you've attended a SCRCHA or NRCHA event, chances are that you knew Jimmy. Jimmy Flores, Sr. was an icon of the cow horse industry. Named the NRCHA's Stock Horse Man of the Year in 2009, he and his handmade cowboy gear have been a staple at SCRCHA and NRCHA events. Sadly, Jimmy passed on September 7, 2015.
Our members were out in force at our September show, wearing arm bands in Senior's memory and participating in our Hats Off for Senior Benefit. Although we missed his kind, supportive words we're certain he was there with us, watching as we drew our runs and faced our cows.
A memorial service will be held on October 10, 2015, see flyer above for more information.